Melissa J. Erwin
Melissa J. Erwin
Ms. Erwin is a litigator whose practice focuses primarily on white-collar criminal defense, internal corporate investigations and commercial litigation. She represents clients in both federal and state courts and before various government agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the United States Department of Justice and the N.Y. State Attorney General’s Office. Ms. Erwin is also a member of the firm’s Cybersecurity practice, working with a cross-functional group of attorneys to provide clients with advice on developing, strengthening, testing, and enforcing their information protection policies and procedures.
Prior to joining Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP, Ms. Erwin served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Kings County (Brooklyn) District Attorney’s Office.
- 2007 New Jersey
- 2008 New York
- 2011 U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- 2012 U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- 2012 U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- 2008-2011 Assistant District Attorney, Office of the Kings County District Attorney
- B.A., 2003 Marymount Manhattan College (magna cum laude; Curian Scholar; Stephanie E. Kupferman Juvenile Justice Award; Dean’s List; Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society; Alpha Chi Scholarship Honor Society)
- J.D., 2007 Brooklyn Law School (Executive Board Member, Moot Court Society; 2007 Alex Mehr Memorial Prize for Outstanding Advocacy in Moot Court Competitions; CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Writing; Second Place and Second Best Brief, Regional Round of the 2005 New York City Bar Association on National Moot Court Competition)