Christine A. Fazio
Christine A. Fazio
Managing Partner; Co-Director, Environmental Practice Group
Ms. Fazio practices environmental and land use law in CL&M’s Environmental Practice Group. She assists both public and private clients in completing environmental reviews under federal, state and local laws and obtaining all types of environmental and land use permits. Ms. Fazio is very knowledgeable of environmental reviews under NEPA and SEQRA as well as the Federal Natural Gas Act and the New York Public Service Law. With about ten years of prior experience with the Air Programs Branch of the Environmental Protection Agency, Ms. Fazio also advises clients on compliance with Clean Air Act regulations and complex air permitting. Ms. Fazio has represented the maritime sector on ballast water discharge issues and the energy sector on the siting of power plants, renewable sources, electric transmission lines and natural gas pipelines.
Ms. Fazio has handled numerous Article 78 of the CPLR proceedings on behalf of a number of New York State government agencies. She has also handled administrative evidentiary hearings before hearing officers of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and New York Public Service Commission. She has also successfully represented private companies in environmental-related litigations.
Ms. Fazio has worked on a number of mergers and acquisitions, completing the environmental and real estate due diligence, regulatory review and permit transfers, and assists corporations with compliance issues under a number of environmental laws. Ms. Fazio also prepares easements, leases, licenses and access agreements for new development projects and has represented clients in federal condemnation matters. She also assists agencies in complying with federal grant programs and various state programs such as the Public Authorities Accountability Act, State Finance Law, and FOIL. Ms. Fazio is an adjunct professor at Fordham University Law School, teaching Land Use Law.
- 2000 New York
- 2000 U.S. District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- 2004 U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- New York State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- New York City Bar Association, Chair, Environmental Law Committee 2005-2008, Secretary, Environmental Law Committee 2003-2004, Secretary, Task Force on Downtown Redevelopment 2002
- New York Building Congress
- Board of Directors, Waywest Tenants Corp. 2008-present, Board President 2010-2014
- Board of Directors, New York League of Conservation Voters, New York City Chapter 2016-present
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 2
1991-1993 Small Business Liaison
1994-2000 Environmental Scientist, Air Programs Branch: Lead on Title V Operating Permit Program; worked on Title IV Acid Rain Program, PSD/NSR, and emissions trading
1988-1990 Environmental ForestryVolunteer
, Dominican Republic
- Adjunct Professor of Land Use Law, Fordham University School of Law (2009-present)
- B.A., 1987 University of Rochester (magna cum laude)
- M.P.A., 1993 New York University
- J.D., 2000 Fordham University School of Law (cum laude)