Robert A. McTamaney
Robert A. McTamaney
Mr. McTamaney’s corporate and litigation practice includes public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital investments, initial public offerings and other public and private securities offerings, investment partnerships, hedge fund offerings, bank loans, distribution and agency agreements, research and development agreements, employment and services agreements, stockholders agreements, and general commercial contracts and corporate and litigation advice.
Mr. McTamaney is quoted periodically in the Financial Press (FT, Bloomberg; NY Times, Business Week) on antitrust aspects of potential mergers and trade regulation litigation.
- 1971 New York
- 1974 New Jersey
- 1975 U.S. Supreme Court
- 1975 U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- 1975 U.S. District Courts, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York, and District of New Jersey
- Materials Technology Institute, Inc. (Materials Engineering R&D Association) – MTI “Fellow” reflecting services to the Chemical Process Industries
- Victaulic Company – Director and Chair of the Legal Committee and Member of the Audit Committee; Major manufacturer of pipes, valves and fittings
- Extensive experience in materials corrosion and failure issues
- International Bar Association Section on Business Law (Member of Antitrust Law and Monopolies, Business Organizations, Issues and Trading in Securities Committees)
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Fordham Law Alumni Association (Director Emeritus)
- Fordham Law Review Alumni Association
- Candidate for Twelfth Congressional District Delegate to Republican National Convention (George Bush for President, 1980)
- Newark Academy, Livingston, New Jersey (Trustee, 1984-1989)
- Director of various corporations.
- Plainfield Country Club (President 2008-2011)
- The Royal Ashdown Forest Club
- B.S., 1967 Fordham University
- J.D., 1970 Fordham University School of Law (Class Standing: 1; Editor-in-Chief, Volume 38, Fordham Law Review; American Jurisprudence Awards for highest class standing in: Jurisprudence, Torts, Evidence, Federal Practice, Agency, Estates & Trusts, Administrative Law, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Commercial Transactions, Remedies, Admiralty, and Labor Law; The Chapin Prize (highest class standing); The Francis Thaddeus Wolff Prize; The Fordham Prize (highest class standing in each of first, second and third years).