John M. Griem, Jr.
- Represent major laboratory equipment and services company in appeals to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit from decisions of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Matters ongoing.
- Represent major electronics component distribution and services company in enforcing patent directed to internet-enabled method of designing and simulating circuits. Matter ongoing.
- Represent innovator pharmaceutical company in Hatch-Waxman patent litigation against multiple generic companies and parallel Inter Partes Review proceedings. Matter ongoing.
- Represent hair care products company in patent and trademark litigation against major online sales company. Matter settled.
- Represent apparel manufacturer against larger rival manufacturer in trademark litigation and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office opposition proceedings. Matters settled.
- Represent Chinese real estate company in defending trademark rights in the United States. Preliminary injunction request defeated.
- Represented Digene (now owned by QIAGEN) in patent infringement and antitrust counterclaims relating to high-risk HPV DNA testing systems and methods. Successfully obtained summary judgment affirmed on appeal dismissing the antitrust counterclaims.
- Represented AstraZeneca and Merck in ANDA litigation against multiple applicants seeking to sell generic PRILOSEC, seeking injunctions and damages. Upheld validity of the patents at trial and obtained multiple judgments of infringement that were sustained on appeal.
- Represented AstraZeneca in ANDA litigation against multiple applicants seeking to sell generic NEXIUM. Matters settled.
- A.B., 1991 Dartmouth College
- J.D., 1994 Hofstra University (with honors, Associate Editor, Hofstra Law Review)