Alan S. Lewis
- Representation of Stephen B. Pence, former United States Attorney for the Western District of Kentucky and former Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky, in connection with a lawsuit brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission in the Southern District of New York.
- Representation of Dennis Kozlowski, the former CEO of Tyco, including the successful Article 78 challenge to the Parole Board’s denial of his initial application for parole, the filing of a petition for a writ of certiorari from the United States Supreme Court; a habeas corpus appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; and the appeal of the denial of his work release application to the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, following which Mr. Kozlowski was admitted to work release.
- Representation of Bernard Jay Bagdis, a prominent Philadelphia, Pa. attorney, in the appeal of his criminal tax conviction to the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Representation of Christopher Finazzo, the former Chief Merchandising Officer of Aéropostale, Inc., including the successful defense at trial against the government’s accusation that Mr. Finazzo defrauded Aéropostale of money.
- Representation of Appellant Bulldog Investors L.P., on appeal to the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, stemming from a civil rights lawsuit brought under Section 1983 of the Civil Rights Act challenging a blanket prohibition on hedge fund advertising as violative of the First Amendment.
- Successfully defended an individual accused by the government of having invented many of the most sophisticated modern techniques of money laundering.
- Briefed and argued the first appeal argued under New York’s death penalty statute after its enactment in 1995.
- Represented purported Russian Oligarch in a dispute with the Putin government.
- Defeated efforts to extradite well-known United Kingdom business figure.
- Defended a Public Company CEO sued by the SEC.
- B.A., 1982 University of Pennsylvania (magna cum laude)
- J.D., 1986 New York University School of Law