Theodore Y. McDonough
- Representing Japanese producer of chemical products in parallel infringement proceedings in California and Texas U.S. District Courts, and in appeal to United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Conduct infringement investigation on behalf of owner of patent for web-based electrical circuit design tool.
- Advise New York Not for Profit corporation in connection with management, governance and intellectual property issues.
- Advising New York based financial services company on Foreign Corrupt Practice Act issues, including review and revision of company’s FCPA policies and assisting company with responses to subpoena from SEC.
- Advise intermodal equipment provider on antitrust issues concerning proposed equipment leasing arrangement.
- Advise thoroughbred horseracing industry group in connection with antitrust issues.
- Representing hedge fund manager in dispute over transaction involving the purchase of environmental commodities.
- Represented one of Manhattan’s largest landowners in drafting and negotiation of construction contracts for commercial properties and in dispute arising from construction accident involving client’s building.
- Represent natural gas pipeline company in connection with pipeline expansion project.
- Advise state government entity in connection with proposal to construct and operate nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain, Nevada.
- Represent municipal electric provider in litigation concerning siting of new electric generating facility.
- Represented Empire State Development Corp. in litigation relating to Columbia University campus expansion project (Kaur v. New York State Urban Dev. Corp., 15 N.Y.3d 235 (2010)).
- Represented the City of New York in connection with the Hudson Yards Rezoning and Development – No. 7 Subway Extension Project including litigation of claims for compensation.
- Represented the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in its planning for possible condemnation in connection with its Access to the Region’s Core project, which involved novel issues relating to acquisition of interests within existing buildings to create subway entrances and imposition of negative easements to limit construction above the proposed tunnel structures.
- Represented New York City Economic Development Corporation in connection with the Willets Point Redevelopment Plan.
B.S., 2001 The Pennsylvania State University (Life Science)
- J.D., 2007 Seton Hall University School of Law (magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Comments Editor, Seton Hall Law Review)