Corporate practice including: mergers and acquisitions; initial public offerings and other public and private securities offerings; joint ventures; loan agreements; executive compensation including stock plans, bonus plans and employment agreements. Real Estate practice including sports stadiums and presidential family compounds.
- New York
- U.S. District Courts, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Committee memberships: Securities Law; Corporations; Real Property; Uniform State Laws)
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 1950-51 Teaching Associate, Columbia Law School
- 1951-Present Practicing lawyer as Associate, Partner or Counsel at Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP; Chairman, Real Estate Department, 1975-1997
- Aetna Life Insurance Company
- American Express Company
- Vincent Astor
- Bridgehampton Road Races Corporation
- George H.W. & Barbara Bush
- Francis I. du Pont & Co.
- Equitable Life Insurance Company of Iowa
- Gilman Paper Company
- Landauer Associates, Inc.
- The Mary Rose Trust (U.S. counsel)
- New York Mets
- Turner Construction Company
- United States Trust Company of New York
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- John Hay Whitney
- William Zeckendorf Sr.
- The public companies named below of which I am or have been a director
- Pall Corporation (NYSE)
- HRT Industries, Inc. (NYSE)
- Chemplast, Inc.(AMEX)
- Belock Instrument Corporation (AMEX)
- A.B., 1948 Columbia College
- LL.B., 1950 Columbia Law School (with honors: Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar); Chairman, Board of Student Judges