Julie A. Weisman
- Assisted clients in transactions involving the sale of emission credits associated with forested land.
- Advised a client concerning the generation of carbon credits related to the construction of a new power plant in Africa.
- Assisted clients on climate change issues involving new waste-to-energy or renewable energy projects.
- Represented investors on projects ranging from the construction of new generating facilities to the development of new international transmission lines.
- Co-chaired complex multi-party cost recovery litigation under CERCLA in upstate New York.
- Represented clients with respect to power purchase agreements involving the construction of new power generating facilities and the distribution of potential related credits.
- Represented clients regarding Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design involving the construction of new facilities, the renovation of existing buildings and the inclusion of certain products in specific credit programs.
- Advised manufacturers of new energy-saving and conservation-minded products regarding opportunities generated by legislative and regulatory programs.
- Represented a party in complex water rights litigation in the Southeastern United States.
- Currently representing client in a major RCRA action raised by EPA.
- Assisting a client in a major SEQR matter in upstate New York.
- Advising an established remediation company in Israel regarding entry to the US market.
- B.S., 1975 Duke University (cum laude)
- M.F.R., 1979 The University of Georgia
- J.D., 1982 Emory University School of Law