O Canada! – Fall Update
Corporate partner Guy Lander, tax partner Howard Barnet and corporate associates Christine Jung, Jayun Koo and Natalie Wilson have been busy assisting Canadian energy companies in various transactions. Mary Joan Hoene of CL&M also assisted with these transactions. Here are some of the highlights:
- On November 21, Crescent Point Energy announced the closing of its bought deal financing. A total of 18,750,000 Crescent Point shares were issued at a price of CDN $40.00 per share for gross proceeds of CDN $750 million.
- On November 19, Athabasca Oil Corporation announced the closing of its offering of Senior Secured Second Lien Notes. Athabasca issued CDN $550 million principal amount of Senior Secured Second Lien Notes at par, which bear interest at a rate of 7.50% per annum and mature on November 19, 2017.
- On October 17, Corval Energy Ltd. completed a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (Alberta) pursuant to which it acquired all of the issued and outstanding units of Foundation Group Development Trust, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Foundation Group Capital Trust, for approximately CDN $17.3 million, plus the assumption of approximately CDN $6.2 million in debt and CDN $5 milion in notes.
- On July 23, Veraz Petroleum Ltd. announced the sale of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Veraz Petroleum Peru S.A.C., to Petrominerales Ltd. in consideration for US $5 million of Petrominerales Ltd. common shares pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (Alberta).
- A group of investors led by York Plains Investment Corp. purchased of the controlling interest in Totally Green, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: TLGN), a pioneer in organic food processing systems and compostable packaging alternatives, pursuant to a stock purchase agreement dated August 10, 2012. CL&M assisted the investors in a $5 of equity financing and up to $15 million in equipment financing for the roll out of Totally Green’s new service program.
On November 1, Carter Ledyard client CooperSurgical, Inc. completed its previously announced purchase of the assets and global rights and business of the PARAGARD® Intrauterine Device (IUD) product from Teva…
On behalf of its client, Suffolk County, Carter Ledyard successfully defeated an application by certain oceanfront property owners on Fire Island to preliminarily enjoin the County from acquiring easements on their…
Carter Ledyard partner, Steven Paul McSloy, spoke on Federal Indian law and policy at the California Tribal College’s Certificate Program in Tribal Leadership & Governance at Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation in Brooks,…
Ignites quoted Carter Ledyard Counsel Valentino Vasi on the potential effect new guidelines for reporting cybersecurity breaches to investors will have on public companies.
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP is pleased to announce that Ahsaki Benion has joined the firm as a Counsel in our Tax Exempt Organizations practice.
Carter Ledyard hosted a roundtable discussion and networking reception on October 26, 2017 focused on cybersecurity issues within the financial services industry.
On January 16, 2016, after years of intense negotiations and numerous interim agreements, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia and China (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security…
CL&M client Global SC Finance SRL completed a refinancing of an existing series of asset backed notes involving an extension of the maturity and increase in the aggregate principal amount.
Carter Ledyard helped one of its merchant cash advance clients prevail in a litigation in which a merchant sought to vacate a judgment entered against it by our client based on an affidavit of confession of judgment.
Forty-four Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP attorneys were selected for inclusion in the 2017 Super Lawyers® - New York Metro. Super Lawyers® recognizes top lawyers via a patented multiphase selection process involving…
New York State has taken another important step forward on promoting off-shore wind energy development.
Ten basic considerations for carrying out environmental due diligence
Client Advisory written by Christine Fazio and Julie Weisman, August 22, 2017
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP is pleased to announce that Charles G. Berry joined the firm as a partner in its Litigation Department. Mr. Berry represents US and foreign banks and businesses, and has achieved many trial,…