- News & Publications
- Press Releases
- Christian Moretti Joins Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP as Partner and Co-Chair of Its European Cross-Border Practice
Director of Marketing
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP
CHRISTIAN MORETTI JOINS CARTER LEDYARD & MILBURN LLP AS PARTNER AND CO-CHAIR OF ITS EUROPEAN CROSS-BORDER PRACTICE
- Expands International Business Practice -
NEW YORK, NY (November 5, 2012) – Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP (www.clm.com) is pleased to announce that Christian Moretti is joining the firm as partner in its Corporate Department and Co-Chair of its European Cross-Border Practice. Mr. Moretti has built a substantial practice advising both domestic and international companies and private equity firms in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities law matters, and technology and other commercial transactions. In the course of his career, Mr. Moretti helped structure, negotiate and complete more than $20 billion worth of M&A and other transactions, both domestic and cross-border. Mr. Moretti joins Carter Ledyard from the New York office of Venable LLP, where he was a partner in its corporate and securities department.
“We are delighted to have Christian join our firm,” said Steve Glusband, member of the Executive Committee and chair of the Corporate Department at Carter Ledyard. “His extensive experience representing prominent global companies bolsters our International Business Practice servicing U.S. and international companies and investors doing business and raising capital in the U.S. and abroad.”
Christian Moretti has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including new media and technology, fashion, telecommunications, energy, entertainment, life sciences and health care, real estate and hospitality.
His representations include:
- A U.K.-based private equity fund in connection with various acquisitions and investments in the U.S.;
- A leading New York-based technology company in connection with multiple rounds of financing, cross-border licensing deals and its worldwide expansion;
- The owner of a large portfolio of retirement properties in its sale to a private equity investor for approximately $5.2 billion in cash and stock, the largest transaction in health care real estate investment trust history;
- A leading real estate company with a portfolio of real estate assets valued at over $15 billion in connection with a debt and equity investment by a leading investment banking company valued at $1.4 billion;
- A top-brand resort and casino in connection with an $820 million refinancing, including restructuring of existing equity and debt;
- A consortium of international investors acquiring a 60-acre development parcel in Las Vegas, Nevada for $724 million;
- The world’s leading provider of diagnostics imaging products in all of its business matters in the U.S., including its acquisition of a NASDAQ-listed company for $240 million;
- A prominent European cement manufacturer in connection with three U.S. acquisitions and the development of a major plant facility in West Virginia;
- A global telecom company in a multi-million sale of all of its assets;
- A consortium of private equity funds in their bid to acquire a leading hospitality brand as part of a Chapter 11 restructuring;
- A Nasdaq-listed Italian biomedical corporation in private placements and other corporate and securities matters; and
- The dual-listed world-leader optical retailer in connection with its U.S. and Italian securities and corporate governance matters.
A native Italian, Mr. Moretti received law degrees from the University of Padua and Columbia University School of Law and is admitted to practice law in Italy and New York. He currently serves as a permanent member of the Board of Advisors of the Columbia Law School Alumni Association, after having served as its President, First-Vice President and Director for several years. Mr. Moretti is also the Executive Director of the Friends of the Italian Cultural Institute of New York, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation affiliated with the Italian government, and an officer and founding director of the Venetian Community of New York, Inc.
“I am excited to join Carter Ledyard and lead its European Cross-Border practice. The firm’s competitive advantage lies in its deeply rooted history and tradition of excellence. It is remarkable that the firm was founded before Italy even became a nation. Most importantly, the firm has a long history representing leading global companies and financial institutions and handling high-level cross-border work. Today, Carter Ledyard’s cutting edge practice, lean structure and deep roots in New York’s financial and technology markets provide global companies with innovative legal counsel in the U.S.”
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP (www.clm.com), established in 1854, has approximately 90 attorneys and has been headquartered on Wall Street since its founding. Carter Ledyard's general practice includes corporate, securities, mergers and acquisitions, broker-dealer, on-shore and off-shore hedge and other alternative investment funds, private equity, litigation, intellectual property, environmental, employment, media and technology, immigration, investment regulation, antitrust, art law, trusts and estates, maritime, ERISA, tax-exempt organizations, real estate, tax and bankruptcy. A significant part of the firm's practice involves representing overseas-based clients and their U.S. affiliates, financial institutions and other financial services providers, governmental entities and media and technology clients.
Carter Ledyard Counsel Valentino Vasi was quoted in a January 5, 2018 Ignites article regarding 2018 cybersecurity trends to watch for in the mutual fund industry.
Carter Ledyard is pleased to announce that Melissa Erwin and Karen Meara will become counsel to the firm effective January 1, 2018
Carter Ledyard Partner Pang Zhang-Whitaker is presenting a series of 8 weekly talks on “Chinese cross border investments in the US – law and practice" for the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade…
Carter Ledyard represented the East River Fifties Alliance (“ERFA”) in its successful though controversial application to amend the New York City Zoning Resolution to prevent the development of ultra-tall towers…
On November 1, Carter Ledyard client CooperSurgical, Inc. completed its previously announced purchase of the assets and global rights and business of the PARAGARD® Intrauterine Device (IUD) product from Teva…
On behalf of its client, Suffolk County, Carter Ledyard successfully defeated an application by certain oceanfront property owners on Fire Island to preliminarily enjoin the County from acquiring easements on their…
Carter Ledyard partner, Steven Paul McSloy, spoke on Federal Indian law and policy at the California Tribal College’s Certificate Program in Tribal Leadership & Governance at Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation in Brooks,…
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP is pleased to announce that Ahsaki Benion has joined the firm as a Counsel in our Tax Exempt Organizations practice.
On January 16, 2016, after years of intense negotiations and numerous interim agreements, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia and China (the five permanent members of the United Nations Security…
CL&M client Global SC Finance SRL completed a refinancing of an existing series of asset backed notes involving an extension of the maturity and increase in the aggregate principal amount.
Carter Ledyard helped one of its merchant cash advance clients prevail in a litigation in which a merchant sought to vacate a judgment entered against it by our client based on an affidavit of confession of judgment.
Ten basic considerations for carrying out environmental due diligence
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP is pleased to announce that Charles G. Berry joined the firm as a partner in its Litigation Department. Mr. Berry represents US and foreign banks and businesses, and has achieved many trial,…