- News & Publications
- Press Releases
- Christian Moretti Joins Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP as Partner and Co-Chair of Its European Cross-Border Practice
Director of Marketing
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP
CHRISTIAN MORETTI JOINS CARTER LEDYARD & MILBURN LLP AS PARTNER AND CO-CHAIR OF ITS EUROPEAN CROSS-BORDER PRACTICE
- Expands International Business Practice -
NEW YORK, NY (November 5, 2012) – Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP (www.clm.com) is pleased to announce that Christian Moretti is joining the firm as partner in its Corporate Department and Co-Chair of its European Cross-Border Practice. Mr. Moretti has built a substantial practice advising both domestic and international companies and private equity firms in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities law matters, and technology and other commercial transactions. In the course of his career, Mr. Moretti helped structure, negotiate and complete more than $20 billion worth of M&A and other transactions, both domestic and cross-border. Mr. Moretti joins Carter Ledyard from the New York office of Venable LLP, where he was a partner in its corporate and securities department.
“We are delighted to have Christian join our firm,” said Steve Glusband, member of the Executive Committee and chair of the Corporate Department at Carter Ledyard. “His extensive experience representing prominent global companies bolsters our International Business Practice servicing U.S. and international companies and investors doing business and raising capital in the U.S. and abroad.”
Christian Moretti has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including new media and technology, fashion, telecommunications, energy, entertainment, life sciences and health care, real estate and hospitality.
His representations include:
- A U.K.-based private equity fund in connection with various acquisitions and investments in the U.S.;
- A leading New York-based technology company in connection with multiple rounds of financing, cross-border licensing deals and its worldwide expansion;
- The owner of a large portfolio of retirement properties in its sale to a private equity investor for approximately $5.2 billion in cash and stock, the largest transaction in health care real estate investment trust history;
- A leading real estate company with a portfolio of real estate assets valued at over $15 billion in connection with a debt and equity investment by a leading investment banking company valued at $1.4 billion;
- A top-brand resort and casino in connection with an $820 million refinancing, including restructuring of existing equity and debt;
- A consortium of international investors acquiring a 60-acre development parcel in Las Vegas, Nevada for $724 million;
- The world’s leading provider of diagnostics imaging products in all of its business matters in the U.S., including its acquisition of a NASDAQ-listed company for $240 million;
- A prominent European cement manufacturer in connection with three U.S. acquisitions and the development of a major plant facility in West Virginia;
- A global telecom company in a multi-million sale of all of its assets;
- A consortium of private equity funds in their bid to acquire a leading hospitality brand as part of a Chapter 11 restructuring;
- A Nasdaq-listed Italian biomedical corporation in private placements and other corporate and securities matters; and
- The dual-listed world-leader optical retailer in connection with its U.S. and Italian securities and corporate governance matters.
A native Italian, Mr. Moretti received law degrees from the University of Padua and Columbia University School of Law and is admitted to practice law in Italy and New York. He currently serves as a permanent member of the Board of Advisors of the Columbia Law School Alumni Association, after having served as its President, First-Vice President and Director for several years. Mr. Moretti is also the Executive Director of the Friends of the Italian Cultural Institute of New York, Inc., a not-for-profit corporation affiliated with the Italian government, and an officer and founding director of the Venetian Community of New York, Inc.
“I am excited to join Carter Ledyard and lead its European Cross-Border practice. The firm’s competitive advantage lies in its deeply rooted history and tradition of excellence. It is remarkable that the firm was founded before Italy even became a nation. Most importantly, the firm has a long history representing leading global companies and financial institutions and handling high-level cross-border work. Today, Carter Ledyard’s cutting edge practice, lean structure and deep roots in New York’s financial and technology markets provide global companies with innovative legal counsel in the U.S.”
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP (www.clm.com), established in 1854, has approximately 90 attorneys and has been headquartered on Wall Street since its founding. Carter Ledyard's general practice includes corporate, securities, mergers and acquisitions, broker-dealer, on-shore and off-shore hedge and other alternative investment funds, private equity, litigation, intellectual property, environmental, employment, media and technology, immigration, investment regulation, antitrust, art law, trusts and estates, maritime, ERISA, tax-exempt organizations, real estate, tax and bankruptcy. A significant part of the firm's practice involves representing overseas-based clients and their U.S. affiliates, financial institutions and other financial services providers, governmental entities and media and technology clients.
Mr. McCarthy has joined the firm as a partner in the Litigation Department, bringing with him years of experience in international litigation and arbitration.
Our 2017 Year in Review highlights the cutting-edge work of our clients, both foreign and domestic, and some of the ways we helped them succeed.
Working with Immigration Equality, Carter Ledyard continues to represent pro bono clients in regards to their LGBTQ asylum applications.
Carter Ledyard client Lisa Schwarz, developer of the Comprehensive Resource Model trauma treatment model, prevailed on her motion for contempt against Dr. David Grand in proceedings in the Federal District Court for the…
Together with Her Justice, Carter Ledyard attorneys were successful in guiding pro bono clients apply for their U-Visa, obtain deferred and final approval of legal status, and receive employment authorization.
At the 2018 Commitment to Justice Awards, Legal Assistant Bill Borenstein was honored with the Deborah E. Smith Award. The award acknowledged Mr. Borenstein for his years of outstanding service.
Managing Partner Christine Fazio and Ethan Strell, assistant general counsel of the National Audubon Society, co-wrote an article featured in the New York Law Journal on the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), one of the oldest…
Carter Ledyard Counsel Valentino Vasi was quoted in an article published by the Bank Insurance & Securities Association (BISA) regarding best practices and suggestions for improving cybersecurity polices for financial…
Carter Ledyard & Milburn is proud to participate in this year’s Justice Served campaign, an effort by the legal community to end hunger in New York City.
On January 22, 2018, the New York Law Journal published a recent decision by the New York County Surrogate's Court granting a motion to dismiss in favor of a Carter Ledyard client.
Carter Ledyard Partner Pang Zhang-Whitaker is presenting a series of 8 weekly talks on “Chinese cross border investments in the US – law and practice" for the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade…