Michael H. Bauscher
Michael H. Bauscher
Michael H. Bauscher is a litigator whose practice focuses on Eminent Domain Law and related land use and real estate matters. He has experience guiding municipal and other public benefit corporations through the planning process for acquisition of properties by eminent domain, the public hearing process, and the commencement of acquisition proceedings in state court. Mr. Bauscher also has significant experience with valuation proceedings to determine the fair market value of properties taken by eminent domain and has been an integral part of trial teams for several valuation trials. Mr. Bauscher has worked closely with appraisers and other experts, including engineers, construction cost estimators, environmental consultants, and architects, to prepare cases for trial. Mr. Bauscher’s trial experience has involved issues related to zoning, economic and physical feasibility, highest and best use determinations, and comparable sale analysis. Mr. Bauscher also has substantial experience preparing appellate briefs in connection with condemnation matters. Additionally, he has successfully defended condemning authorities against constitutional challenges to acquisitions via eminent domain.
Mr. Bauscher also has experience representing clients before local municipal boards in Westchester County, as well as the New York City Board of Standards and Appeals.
Mr. Bauscher also practices in both state and federal courts in complex civil litigation matters. He has significant experience with judgment enforcement practices in New York state courts and the preparation and filing of public and private mechanic’s liens pursuant to the New York Lien Law. Mr. Bauscher has also conducted internal investigations and worked on all phases of commercial litigation cases and appeals. Mr. Bauscher’s appellate experience includes arguing before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the New York State Appellate Division.
Mr. Bauscher also has experience advising corporate clients on transactional matters and federal regulatory affairs, including matters related to off-label marketing and other FDA regulations, the Physician Payments Sunshine Act and anti-kickback statutes.
- 2011 New York
- 2012 U.S. District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- 2015 U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York State Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- B.S., 2004 The Pennsylvania State University (magna cum laude, Crime, Law and Justice; National Society of Collegiate Scholars and Golden Key National Honor Society)
- B.S., 2004 The Pennsylvania State University (magna cum laude, Psychology)
- J.D., 2010 Pace University School of Law (summa cum laude; Dean's Award, Full-Time Division; Editor-in-Chief, Pace Law Review; Federal Judicial Honors Program; Dean Scholar of Civil Procedure; Honor Board, Member)