Michael I. Frankel
Publications Available on this website
- Structuring Direct Investment by Non-U.S. Individuals into the United States, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Private Client 2015, January 5, 2015
- Structuring Direct Investment by Non-U.S. Individuals into the United States, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Private Client 2014, December 23, 2013
- 2012 Gift Giving, Client Advisory, August 30, 2012
- New York Enacts Important New Law Governing a Trustee’s Power to Pay Trust Assets to a New Trust, NYSBA Journal, November 1, 2011
- New Tax Laws, Client Advisory, December 20, 2010
- Important Estate Tax Bulletin, Client Advisory, December 29, 2009
- Madoff Securities Task Force Update: IRS Issues Helpful Guidance, Client Advisory, March 18, 2009
- Madoff Securities Task Force Update: March 4, 2009 Deadline, Client Advisory, January 8, 2009
- Annual Gift Tax Exclusion Amount to Increase to $13,000 as of January 1, 2009, Client Advisory, October 29, 2008
- Mr. Frankel has been an Assistant Editor of Practical Drafting published by United States Trust Company of New York (now US Trust Bank of America) since 1988.
- Mr. Frankel's article entitled “Life Settlements: Sale of Life Insurance Policies In The Open Market,” appeared in the 39th Annual Heckerling Institute On Estate Planning, 2005.
- B.A., 1969 University of Pennsylvania
- J.D., 1972 Columbia Law School
- LL.M., 1978 New York University School of Law (in Taxation)