- Negotiate agreements and resolve land-use disputes between neighboring landowners, condominiums and cooperatives.
- Advise clients on climate change legislation, including state and local efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and implement requirements for green buildings and LEED certification.
- Develop guidance document for hotel builders and operators regarding requirements and incentives for green buildings and sustainability.
- Represent state agencies and public benefit corporations carrying out environmental impact review pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act and State Environmental Quality Review Act, including transit-oriented development.
- Represent land owners, developers and community members in local land use and zoning matters.
- Advise clients on redevelopment of “brownfields,” management of hazardous materials and defense against “contribution” claims under hazardous substance laws.
- Assist clients regarding their due diligence prior to acquisition of real property.
- Advise clients on compliance with historic preservation laws such as Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, the New York State Historic Preservation Act, local preservation laws and archeology laws.
- Arbitration and litigation in state and federal courts regarding contract disputes, such as a contract for construction and sale of a cruise ship, breach of a real estate contract, breach of contract for shipment of goods by sea, and breach of a contract for sale of Mississippi-grown timber to Italian customers.
- Advise clients on state wetland permits and water supply permits.
- Advise government and nonprofit organizations on the protection and use of parkland and open space.
- Complex litigation in federal and state courts.
- B.A., 1997 Manhattan College (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- J.D., 2001 Pace University School of Law School (cum laude; Articles Editor, Pace Environmental Law Review; Certificate of Environmental Law)