Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a leading HKSE listed biotechnology company in its acquisition of a U.S. firm specializing in diagnostic testing for inherited genetic disorders.
- Represented a Chinese public network technology company in its acquisition of a U.S. leading private equity portfolio company engaged in network technology services.
- Represented a leading Chinese public media equipment and service company in a majority investment in a U.S. media design firm.
- Represented a HKSE company in the acquisition of a U.S. company owning cutting edge technologies and related patents and trademarks.
- Represented a leading Chinese educational group in a series of acquisitions of U.S. educational consulting firms located on the east and west coasts of the U.S., as well as an acquisition of majority ownership interest in an Australian educational firm via a U.S. subsidiary.
- Represented China’s leading private equity and venture capital firm in the acquisition of a U.S. educational institution.
- Represented a leading Chinese state-owned electronics manufacturer in the acquisition of a U.S. technology business.
- Represented a Chinese industry group in the structuring and negotiation of the acquisition of a vineyard.
- Represented several U.S. public companies with principal operations in China in their ongoing public disclosure and compliance matters.
- Represented a Chinese client in executing a change of control of a NASDAQ traded company by changing the composition of its Board of Directors, by the rarely-used mechanism of obtaining the written consent of a majority of the company’s shareholders.
- Represented the underwriter in a Chinese agriculture company’s IPO on the NASDAQ.
- Represented a $321.6 million mortgage loan investment fund in all its U.S. securities matters.
Public company transactions
- Represented a NASDAQ listed company in acquisition of pharmacy chain stores in China.
- Represented a NASDAQ listed company in acquisition of equity interests of a hotel located in China.
- Represented a Chinese public company in its majority investment in a NYSE listed U.S. electronic car manufacturer.
- Represented a top financial investment conglomerate headquartered in China in an attempted acquisition of a NASDAQ listed mutual fund investment adviser.
- Represented China’s most influential state-owned media corporate group in forming a joint venture with a U.S. awarding-wining media company.
- Represented a top Chinese public dietary supplements manufacturer and distributor in forming a joint venture covering multiple jurisdictions with a dietary supplements global leader.
- Represented a leading Chinese baby product brand in trademark and related claims in the U.S. federal court against a $20 billion valuation online sale platform.
- Represented a U.S. company and its executive in a motion to quash four subpoenas issued under a U.S. federal court order in connection with 28 U.S. Code § 1782 with respect to assistance to foreign and international tribunals and to litigants before such tribunals.
- Represented a global high-tech conglomerate headquartered in China in its global re-organization and dispute settlement involving two dozen overseas subsidiaries.
- Represented one of the world’s largest insurance companies in its successful recovery on a subrogation claim against one of China’s largest insurance companies, where the client won a favorable judgment in a Chinese court.
Trusts & Estates
- Represented a large number of Chinese high net worth individual clients in estate and tax planning and creating trusts.
- Represented a Chinese conglomerate in its investment in multiple commercial real estate projects in the U.S.
- Represented a well-known Chinese real estate developer in investment in U.S. commercial real estate.
- Represented a key Chinese state-owned company in purchase of certain equity interests from a global leading commercial real estate group headquartered in the U.S.
- Represented a renowned global restaurant chain headquartered in China in commercial contracts, real estate, labor and employment and general corporate matters.
- Represented a China-based food ingredient supplier in distribution arrangements, corporate and compliance matters.
- Represented a Chinese company in negotiation of complex commercial agreements with a U.S. design firm with respect to theme park projects in China.
- Represented a global high-tech conglomerate headquartered in China in its multi-year distribution agreement for U.S. baby formula into China.
- Represented a Fortune 500 office supply company in a series of acquisitions in China, some through complicated offshore structures.
- Represented a leading U.S. snacks manufacturer in a series of buy-out transactions in China.
Other global and U.S. domestic deals
- Represented a Global 100 pharmaceutical company in its global merger and spin-off transactions.
- Represented a world’s leading power tool provider in its disposition of global assets.
- Represented a global blockchain technology company with substantial China assets in corporate, securities and labor and employment matters.
- Represented an Indian public company in creation of global compliance program.
- Represented a world-leading mobile operator and provider headquartered in Japan in a private placement investment of US $9 billion in a major U.S. wireless service provider.
- Represented one of the largest Japanese companies by revenue in technology transfer involving the first commercial nuclear power project built by Chinese.
- Represented a U.S. innovative medical device developer and distributor in its acquisition of 100% equity interests of a U.S. competitor.
- Represented the market leader of oxygen conservation manufacturer in a series of venture capital financing in the U.S.
- Represented a global provider of defense and security products in its asset sale in the U.S.
- Represented a U.S. private equity firm in a series of sales of portfolio companies, including sale of a provider of simulation and control technologies for training and optimization solutions in the aerospace, defense, and forestry sectors.
- LL.B., Beijing University School of Law, Beijing, China
- LL.M., New York University School of Law