We assist clients at all stages of the arbitration process, including obtaining security in support of arbitration such as injunctions and attachments, analyzing and drafting arbitration clauses in international commercial agreements, assisting in pre-arbitration negotiations, conducting the arbitral proceedings, and enforcing and challenging arbitration awards.
Many of our team members have the added perspective of serving as arbitrators and mediators. One of our partners recently served as chair of the Maritime Law Association’s Committee on Arbitration and ADR and as Private Section Adviser to the U.S. Department of State on the UNCITRAL Working Group on Arbitration.
Representative recent matters include:
- Representing an Irish medical device company in AAA/ICDR arbitration arising out of a manufacturer/distributer dispute;
- Representing Thailand-based dealer of refrigerated trucks and trailer units in ICC arbitration arising out of a dispute relating to the termination of a dealer agreement;
- Represented Japanese pharmaceutical company in enjoining action commenced in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, California and in subsequent ICC arbitration in Singapore involving dispute with U.S. licensee over royalties payable under a U.S. patent and know-how exclusive license;
- Representing a shipowner in SMA arbitration arising relating to a ship construction contract;
- Commencing LCIA arbitration for a success fee for the sale of an oil production lease in Nigeria;
- Defending a mining company in LMAA arbitration against a claim for brokerage commissions;
- Representing U.S.-based fertilizer trading company in AAA/ICDR arbitration arising out of a dispute relating to bulk fertilizer purchases and sales transactions;
- Defending a Japanese trading company in U.S. arbitration against a U.S. manufacturer’s claims for damages arising out of the distribution and sale of hardware products in Japan.