Personal Tax Planning for Individuals Having Multinational Assets and Income
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP has broad experience in planning and executing strategies on behalf of foreign nationals utilizing trusts and off-shore holding companies. Such arrangements are designed to facilitate the management in the United States of the assets of foreign nationals. Among the objectives of such arrangements are confidentiality and the protection of assets without exposing the assets or their owners to U.S. income or estate taxes.
Clients are referred by investment banking and commercial banking firms, law firms or by personal reference from other clients. Members of the Trusts and Estates Department work with the referring party or directly with the individual client as circumstances warrant. Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP has long had a reputation for integrity and discretion in dealing with individuals of substantial means, and with their advisers. The families of many of our clients have been represented by the firm for generations.
Another aspect of the work of the Trusts and Estates Department is the planning and execution of strategies to meet the changing needs of international/multinational business executives who may change residence jurisdictions or citizenship as they achieve higher positions in management. The estate planning capabilities of Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP are preeminent in the United States.
- Edmund J. Behan - Partner
- Jerome J. Caulfield - Partner
- Richard B. Covey - Senior Counsel
- Preston C. Demouchet - Associate
- Margaret M. Drohan - Associate
- Michael I. Frankel - Partner
- Alison Powers Herman - Partner
- Marc A. Kushner - Partner
- Stephen F. Lappert - Partner
- Daniel J. McSwiggan - Partner
- Karen T. Schiele - Partner
- Theodore R. Wagner - Partner