With an emphasis on employee benefits and executive compensation, Patricia Matzye’s practice focuses on:
- Qualified plans-Design pension and profit sharing plans and advise plan sponsors on issues regarding establishment, administration and termination of tax-qualified plans. Represent clients in IRS applications for determination letters and resolution of compliance failures.
- Plan assets and fiduciary duties-Structure investment vehicles for investment of pension plan assets under ERISA. Advise plan fiduciaries regarding pension plan investments, prohibited transactions and exemptions to the prohibited transaction rules.
- Corporate transactions-Advise clients on employee benefits matters in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and outsourcing transactions. Negotiate plan transfers in connection with such transactions.
- Executive compensation-Advise clients on compensation of executives, deferred compensation arrangements, stock-based incentive programs and employment contracts.
- Welfare benefits-Advise clients regarding welfare benefits matters, including flexible spending arrangements, COBRA, HIPAA privacy rules and VEBAs.