Carter Ledyard & Milburn’s Turkish practice provides a full range of legal services including corporate, corporate finance, real estate, construction, merger and acquisitions, litigation, regulatory, intellectual property and maritime services to a diverse group of Turkish clients, including some of the largest companies of Turkey.
We regularly visit Turkey to meet with clients and their advisors to discuss ongoing matters. This also allows us to stay current on the social, political and cultural trends that shape the Turkish marketplace. The Turkish practice is led by John Driscoll, an experienced corporate and transactional lawyer who has represented Turkish companies in the United States for over ten years. Mr. Driscoll has been Vice President of the Turkish American Chamber of Commerce since its inception and this capacity serves to promote trade and economic relations between the two countries.
As a firm, Carter Ledyard is committed to strengthening and growing trade relations between the United States and Turkey. We also support the professional development of young Turkish lawyers and each year we train an intern in our NY office who will then return to Turkey and be able to use his or her legal skills to bridge the gap between the two countries and become active members of the Turkish legal community.
- Representing one of Turkey’s largest companies in the acquisition of a U.S. company for $225 million.
- Representing one of Turkey’s largest companies in a $100 million financing with JP Morgan Chase.
- Representing the U.S. subsidiary of one of Turkey’s largest companies in a $68 million dollar financing arranged by Bank of America.
- Representing one of Turkey’s largest holding companies in an offering of dollar denominated notes in the London market.
- Advising Turkish companies on acquisitions of U.S. construction and manufacturing companies.
- Protecting the intellectual property rights of a Turkish mobile phone company in a U.S. litigation and securing a dismissal of a complaint in the U.S. Court for the Federal Circuit which decision was upheld by the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Advising Turkish financial institutions and investors on compliance with U.S. SEC, FINRA. CFTC and FATCA and other regulations.
- Protecting the trademarks, brands and design of Turkish companies in the U.S. market.
- Securing the release of Turkish vessels from seizure in U.S. waters.
- Representing Turkish companies, joint ventures and individuals in the acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential real estate across the U.S.
- Helping Turkey’s leading design and furniture company establish offices across the United States.